(Mat 6:14-15) For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
The Words of God are plain and simple.
We do not need to complicate them.
In the case of forgiving others, Christ said, if we don’t learn to forgive, then God’s forgiveness will not be obtained. It’s as simple as that.
Here are some Bible tips how we can forgive others easily:
- Think that they don’t know what they are doing. If we think this way, we can easily accept their faults and mistakes. (Luke 23:34) And Jesus said, Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do. All men commit mistakes, therefore, we will all have to accept the fact that everyone sins against each other. Sometimes all we need to do is to pretend that they did not intend to do mistakes upon us.
- Think that we too, commit mistakes. And if we commit our own mistakes, then we are also in the position to ask forgiveness. If we ask forgiveness, then it is only logical that we too, must forgive. (Mat. 6:12) and forgive us our debts as we also forgive our debtors.
- Think that being not able to forgive will mean we are judging others of what they have done to us. It is not right to judge others. (Luke6:37) Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you shall be forgiven.
- Think that we are God’s servants. We have been instructed by His teachings of righteousness. And as part of His teachings, He instructs us to be tenderhearted and forgiving. (Eph. 4:32) And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake has forgiven you.
- And of course, the main reason and great motivation for us to easily forgive is that we need God’s forgiveness too. We can only get God’s forgiveness if we learn to forgive others. (Mat 6:14-15) For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.